Technopolis S.A. has always been devoted into aquiring technical expertise for producing high level Software, creating and supporting business-critical infrastructure and developing Web content. Many of the events that are marked at the milestones mentioned below, refer to innovative solutions and projects that Technopolis S.A. was the first to implement in Greece - another proof of the technical expertise the company posses and on which its ability to deliver complex projects is based.
- 1991: Development of the first 'Internet Infrasrtucture' by installing routers and leased lines for customers. Developing the first systems on Unix Operating System and Oracle DataBase systems.
- 1994: Offering services on designing and supporting network (Internet) leased lines, producing the first Web Sites and supporting SMTP / HTTP / Newsgroup, etc services.
- 1999: The current corporate idendity (Technopolis S.A.) is formed. It designates a strong focus on building Web content and applications. Creation of the first SET -based (Secure Electronic Transaction) e-shop project.
- 2000: Aquiring technological expertise on Java environment, on the Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE). Development of code modules as servlets / portlets, implementing the J2RE execution environment, interconnections with middleware products (application servers, interfacing with Database Servers), interfacing applications over http connections (Web Services through Simple Object Access Protocol – SOAP and WSDL), data transformation and storage on neutral mode (XML) / mobile application development (WAP / SMS protocols). Technopolis S.A. disiminates the results of the 2000 National Elections to mobile phones.
- 2001: Designing & Installation of a full IP network ( voice and data) for a telco with 26 Points-of-Presence ( POP’s) nationwide.
- 2003: Design and Develoνopment of a full-Java mission-critical application for the largest Mobile Operator in Greece, running on Oracle Application Server and Real Application Cluster Data Base supported by Technopolis S.A. First installation of SWIFT TM , the intranet / extranet platform of the company, on Tomcat (J2EE-compatible) Application Server / Becomes member of Oracle Partner Network. Development of (Java-based) application Live Results for the races of World Rally Championship / Installation of WiFi network for Acropolis Rally - the first ever WiFi network in WRC races.
- 2004: Presenetation of Product Informer (TM) , a versatie application for handling product-related information.PITM is a Java-based application, working on J2EE application servers (Oracle WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss, etc) and Oracle DataBase.
- 2005: Presentation of TechAdminTM, the Web Content Management System / WCMS) for producing mid-to-large Web projects. Based on PHP interpeted language, TechAdminTM is used for presenting large web portals and sites such as: www.4troxoi.gr / www.acropolisrally.gr / www.skoda-auto.gr / www.autobild.gr, etc..
- 2006: Becoming Enterprise Solution Partners of Adobe for the family of LifeCycle Products for designing and implementing large-scale Business Process Management projects.
- 2007: Release of version 3.0 of SWIFT TM, incorporating mulit-lingual capability / Cooperation with SAP as SAP Independent Software Vendor / Certifying a team of 3 developers as Developer Consultants - SAP Netweaver – Portal & KMC.
- 2007: Drupal is selected by Technopolis S.A. as the platform on which the latest version of TechAdminTM is based upon. Building on the strong 'code base' of on of the largest Open Source projects, the company delivers a series of large-scale projects such as www.markaalen.gr / www.blanco.gr / www.velmar.gr / www. peugeot.gr / www.flash.gr, on the new platform.
- 2008: Wtih more than 10 projects based on the Community Edition of Liferay Enterprise Portal - the biggest Open Source project in Java - Technopolis S.A. develops a formal cooperation with Liferay Inc,. During the next years a sequence of mission-critical business projects are delivered on the platform (ΑCS intranet / MBH intranet & applications / Germanos.gr – Germanos.bg – Germanos.ro intranets, etc.).