Build a corporate web portal for the promotion of second hand cars sold through the homonymous, separately branded retail network of Velmar S.A. in Greece.
The project should provide the website’s visitors with a powerful search engine based on complex filters, so as to locate and present the desired used cars satisfying those criteria.
The project should also provide corporate users with the appropriate interface for car administration, catering for the management of each car’s detailed information, as well as a car status workflow and an annual sales statistics reporting subsystem.
The project started with an original layout design for the website (www.stock-center.gr) providing special care for resident boxes with ‘quick search’ and ‘result filtering’ of car searches throughout the site’s pages. The site was built based on the Drupal open source Web Content Management System, on which Technopolis S.A. developed a set of additional administration modules implementing the desired functionality, such as:
- Dynamic creation and management of car attributes of any type (i.e. text, date, checkbox, photo gallery, video)
- Grouping and flagging of car attributes for special functions (i.e. displayable, searchable, mandatory for specific car status, etc)
- Flexible car status workflow support, implementing ‘Pending’, ‘For Sale’, ‘Hold’ and ‘Sold’ statuses
- Submit ‘Interest’ form for specific car, with webform and email notification to the corresponding store representative
- Car Sales Statistics Reports (Stock, Purchases, Sales, per Status, per Store, per Month) as well as a full car database export to Excel
The project functionality was developed within 3 calendar months from approval and the new www.stock-center.gr was launched recently, after repeated migration procedures of real data from the old site and extremely thorough testing.
The complete hosting infrastructure (servers, network, connectivity, software, databases) and managed services (administration, maintenance, monitoring, alert notfications) are both provided by Technopolis S.A. with a 24x7 SLA.