Build a corporate, umbrella type, multi site web project for Velmar S.A., a multi brand car retail network, affiliated with Ford, Opel, Seat, Volvo and Saab in Greece. The project should comply with all design and functionality guidelines imposed by each specific car brand the company represents, while at the same time offer centrally managed content services for all sites.
An additional e-commerce platform should be implemented to provide full featured, multi brand, car accessories e-shop functionality.
The project began by creating original designs for the master site (www.velmar.gr), as well as for all other brands sites in a way that improved each brand’s corporate directives. All sites were built based on the Drupal open source Web Content Management System, on which Technopolis S.A. developed a set of additional modules implementing the add-on e-services required such as:
- Request form for a Test Drive appointment
- Request form for a Car Service appointment
- Application form for issuing a Velmar Loyalty Card
- Historic Car Service Data Retrieval application, by interfacing with Velmar’s back-office Incadea ERP system
- Complete E-Shop functionality with product data management, shopping cart, order management and online payments
The project was completed within 2 calendar months from approval and www.velmar.gr was launched concurrently with all its brands sites and e-shop and has been operating with zero (0%) downtime for more than 2 years now.
The complete hosting infrastructure (servers, network, connectivity, software, databases) and managed services (administration, maintenance, monitoring, alert notfications) are both provided by Technopolis S.A. with a 24x7 SLA.